- Thoroughly trained
- Undertake continuous learning to further enrich and enhance their knowledge base
- Knows, understands and adheres to all provincial laws regarding real estate transactions
- Is, above all else, an ethical agent who follows the strict guidelines of the Code of Ethics of the Canadian Real Estate Association
- Required to carry insurance to protect consumers from fraud, errors or omissions
- The only way to get your listing up on the MLS boards so your property has the opportunity of being seen by more people more often
Do REALTORS® have to abide by a code of ethics?
Every real estate agent operating in Canada, whether as a solitary agent or as part of an agency, must adhere to the Canadian Real Estate Association’s (CREA) Code of Ethics. In addition, most provinces’ Real Estate Associations will also have their own codes which complement the one set for by CREA.
The Code of Ethics is based upon the principles of moral integrity, competent customer service and with regards to public welfare and interests. The Code has been amended many times to reflect changes in the market and the evolution of the business of real estate.
What are the benefits to using a REALTOR® to sell your home?
- Strong and experienced marketing department
- Have the emotional distance to show your home properly
- REALTORS® have the experience in sales, marketing and negotiating to get the best price for your home and ensure that everything is done properly, legally and promptly
- Team effort with professionals on board as well as the client