Electronic Lockboxes will Provide Improved Safety and Security for Clients and REALTORS®
St. Catharines, ON – Jan 22, 2019 – This week the Niagara Association of REALTORS® (NAR) launches a new electronic lockbox program replacing the conventional mechanical lockboxes. This advanced technology ensures both NAR REALTORS® and their clients will benefit from improved safety and security on their listings.
Like a traditional lock box, it is affixed to a secure area of the home to access the key. To access that key, the REALTOR® with the potential buyer, uses an application on their phone to unlock the box. Once the appointment is concluded, the key is returned, and the lockbox can be closed.
“The SentriLock Bluetooth® REALTOR® Lockbox brings together the functionality of a traditional lockbox with state-of-the-art technology that provides a robust suite of features and tools that provides thehighest standard of professional service.” said Carolyn Bones-Poley, Chief Executive Officer, Niagara Association of REALTORS®.
Some of the highlights of the application and the Lockbox units include:
- Real time reporting of entry and exit times
- Improved access to available listings
- Easy access to listing information
- REALTOR® safety feature – automatically alert designated emergency contacts when necessary
- Quick connection between the Lockbox and Mobile application via Bluetooth®
- Operational in severe weather with long life batteries
- Ability to self-diagnose and correct any internal communication issues
- Extra Large key compartment – can hold up to 5 keys“Transitioning to the use of Electronic Lockboxes is a proactive step towards increased safety and security for clients and REALTORS®. The SentriLock lockbox is a product designed by REALTORS® for REALTORS® and is the next natural step for the profession” said Stephen Oliver, President, Niagara Association of REALTORS®.This week members of NAR begin their training and pick up their hardware. Beginning April 2, 2019, all NAR MLS® listings that use a lockbox must use a SentriLock Bluetooth® REALTOR® Lockbox.###
About The Niagara Association of REALTORS®
The Niagara Association of REALTORS® represents over 1200 REALTOR® members serving the communities of Fort Erie, Fonthill/Pelham, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-lake, Port Colborne/Wainfleet, St Catharines, Thorold and Welland. Our mission is to empower REALTORS® to thrive. Our vision is to foster an environment where leadership and members provide influence, advocacy, enhance professionalism and business acumen.
Chief Executive Officer
The Niagara Association of REALTORS®
116 Niagara Street, St. Catharines, ON, L2R 4L4 Tel: (905) 684-9459