The Royal LePage Q4 2020 House Price Update includes insights from experts across the country, and data from the Royal LePage House Price Survey, which presents home price trends across 63 real estate markets in Canada.
Key highlights from the national release include:
- More than half of Canada’s largest real estate markets see double-digit price growth as national home values soar 9.7% in fourth quarter
- Price of detached homes continue to outpace condominiums as Canadians trade location for square footage
- Despite strong push toward the suburbs, Toronto and Montreal single-family homes see double-digit price gains in city centres
- Median price of a two-storey home in Greater Vancouver rises 8.8% as buyers prioritize square footage
- Out-of-region buyers spur Maritimes’ home prices, as option of remote work and demand for large, affordable properties grows
- Aggregate price of a home in Canada rose $206,815 since Q4 2015
Read the full national release here, and find regional insights here.
Royal LePage House Price Survey Chart (Canada’s 63 largest housing markets): rlp.ca/house-prices-Q4-2020